Saturday, March 30, 2019

More women prefer to remain single longer



Women are no longer feeling the need to be confined to a relationship. More women are driven by career, financial security, education, and self sustainability. It is no longer a goal for women to graduate from college and walk down the aisle with a spouse. Women are getting married and having children later in life.
As I get older, I do not see a need to rush into a relationship and tie myself down to a spouse. Even casual dating can be draining and overwhelming. Trying to balance children, career, and mental health can be exhausting enough. Adding a relationship to the equation can feel like a full time job with no breaks or time off. Being in a relationship is like two adult baby sitting one another. Two adults trying hard to keep each other happy and occupied. It should come natural, instead of feeling like work..That may sound exaggerated, but the truth is relationships can feel like punching in a clock and working to make somebody happy. Especially if you have a mate that is clingy and wants to constantly stay connected through phone calls and text messages.

I met a young man a few months ago that constantly called me during work hours, Even after I told him I don't take personal calls during the day. He continued to text me and would get uneasy when I didn't text back or answer my phone. I had to cut him off immediately because I didn't want to be responsible for constantly checking my phone or constantly keeping another adult occupied. He didn't want to understand or hear me out when I told him I was busy and usually didn't want to be bothered when I get home from work. He didn't want to hear this, now mix that with a man with entitlement issues and you have a unhappy man. I'd rather stay single and not date until I am ready for something serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Large plus size women should never lower their standards to get a date or long term spouse

                           I would advise any plus size woman not to lower her standards to attract a spouse or get a date. Men are speaking...